Easy Vegan Matcha Green Tea Latte with Medjool
Matcha is a nutritional powerhouse made from finely ground green tea. It has a sharp, earthy taste that pairs well with bright, tart flavors. It also goes well with lattes, smoothies, and shakes. Just like a cup of joe, matcha also has caffeine content. More importantly, it also has L-theanine, an amino acid that works with caffeine to produce focused and sustained energy. L-theanine has a calming and relaxing effect instead of the jittery rush of energy that coffee brings.
The delicious and healthy green tea latte recipe below is vegan, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened. The use of Medjool dates is definitely a must-try since matcha on its own is a bit bitter. The pitted dates help balance out the flavors nicely.
Here’s the energizing alternative to coffee that is quick and easy to make. So skip the line and make your own matcha latte at home with just 3 ingredients! Enjoy this drink hot or cold.
- 1 teaspoon TEAki Hut Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 pitted Medjool dates⠀
- 1 teaspoon of almond butter or any nut butter you prefer⠀
- 1 cup of water (hot or cold)
- For a warm drink, use boiled water. For an iced matcha drink, use cold or room temperature water.
- In a blender, combine the water, dates, almond butter, and matcha powder. Blend until the dates have totally broken down and the mixture looks creamy.
- Taste and adjust the ingredients as needed to your taste.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any bits of dates that didn't get blended, directly into your cup.
- For a warm drink, serve right away. For a chilled drink, serve over ice.
Makes 1 serving.