Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
Matcha Green Tea has recently been making waves everywhere these days for a good reason. This green-colored powder is not just visually appealing. There’s more to it than meets the eye. It also is chock full of amazing health benefits. It holds a high amount of antioxidants, detoxifies your body, and balances hormones. Plus, it’s an energy booster and a mood enhancer, among many other benefits.
Some consider Matcha as the darling of the tea world. But Matcha is not just for drinking tea. There are certainly creative ways to enjoy matcha, one of which you can make to cool and calm down this summer. Treat your family by making your homemade ice cream recipe. This bright, deeply flavored matcha ice cream is a refreshing treat.
Here’s how to make this easy gluten-free recipe that is not just creamy and delicious, but also vegan.
- 1 14 fl oz (400 ml) can coconut cream
- 1 14 fl oz (400 ml) can coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon TEAki Hut Matcha Green Tea Powder
- The day before you want to make this ice cream recipe, put the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Then add your coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar, and golden syrup into a pot and heat to a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Once it reaches a simmer, remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and Matcha Green Tea Powder.
- Blend the mixture with an immersion blender directly in the pot for 30 seconds. This step removes any remaining graininess from your mixture. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender by transferring the mix to a blender jug. Just be very careful that the lid is on firmly as the mix will be very hot.
- Transfer the mix to a sealable container and place into the fridge to chill completely, preferably overnight.
- When your ice cream maker freezer bowl is frozen, transfer the mix to the bowl and churn until it reaches a soft serve consistency. Depending on your ice cream maker, this could take anything from 20-45 minutes.
- Transfer the Matcha Green Tea ice cream from the ice cream maker into a loaf pan and smooth down. Cover with tinfoil and place in the freezer to set completely before serving.
- Serve with chopped hazelnuts or pistachios.
Makes 8 servings.
- Instead of golden syrup, you can use maple syrup as an alternative.
- This recipe yields a mild matcha flavor. You can opt to use up to 4 tablespoons of TEAki Hut Matcha Green Tea Powder. It depends upon your preference on how strong you want the flavoring to be.