Easy Immune-Boosting Tea Recipes
A strong immune system is a result of a combination of a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet. There is no single elixir that promises an instant boost of immunity overnight. To keep your built-in defense against disease and infection in top shape, you have to work on keeping yourself healthy every day.
Aside from following a regular sleeping schedule and staying active, you need to eat a variety of healthy meals to ensure that your body gets the right nutrition it needs. Staying hydrated also helps. There are various ways for you to make sure that your daily water intake requirement is met. However, not all drinks are created the same. Some have more nutritional value than others. In this post, we’re going to share a few tea recipes that pack a nutritional punch in one serving. These are quite easy to prepare and benefit your immune system and overall health. Not to mention that they are also quite relaxing and calming to drink.
Puerh Tea with Lemon and Ginger
This is perhaps one of the most underrated tea recipes. You can use whatever tea as your base but we prefer using Pu-erh tea for this one as its mild flavor complements the other ingredients well. Whether you peel your ginger or not is completely up to you for this recipe. Just make sure it’s clean.
- ½ teaspoon TEAki Hut Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder
- 1-inch ginger root
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup boiling water
- Honey (to taste)
- Start by grating your ginger root.
- Place the grated ginger at the bottom of a glass or cup.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lemon.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Strain the liquid into your cup.
- Add in your half a teaspoon of Puerh Tea Powder and stir.
This is a winter classic. However, it can also be enjoyed for the rest of the year. This warm and comforting drink is made using black tea as the base. It is a common home remedy for sore throat, coughs, and colds. But mostly, it is enjoyed for its aromatic sweetness.
- ½ teaspoon TEAki Hut Black Tea Powder
- 2 ounces dark rum (you can also use brandy or whiskey)
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 piece star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- Honey (to taste)
- Combine water and spices in a small pot or saucepan.
- Let it simmer and remove from the heat right before it starts to boil.
- Strain into a cup or mug.
- Stir in your black tea powder.
- Add in honey.
- Pour your rum over the back of a spoon and into the mug.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon.
Matcha Super Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie with Matcha is perfect right after your intense home workouts. You can even add a scoop of protein powder to boost its protein content.
- Sweetener (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon TEAki Hut Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup yogurt (you can use Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup almond milk (you can also use coconut or soy milk)
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend it for about a minute and a half or until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- If you want it to be thicker, add in more ice. If you want to thin it out, just add more milk.
Other Immune-Boosting Ingredients You Can Add to Your Tea:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ashwagandha Tea
- Cayenne Pepper
Tip: You can use any available ingredients at your disposal. You can use one or a combination of more. You can even adjust the amount depending on your personal preference.