Easy Recipe for Iced Verbena Pu-Erh Tea
Want to change up your regular iced tea? Try and mix some lemon verbena leaves into a glass of iced Pu-erh tea. What you get is a lemony light drink that’s perfect for warmer days.
Lemon verbena, a Northern Californian shrub, has been cultivated since the 1600s. It’s also added to various types of dishes to add some zing. Quite interestingly, this simple addition can do wonders for your afternoon tea as well. Read on to learn how to make it.
What You’ll Need:⠀
- ½ cup sugar⠀
- ½ cup water⠀
- 1 cup lemon verbena leaves⠀
- 6 teaspoons of TEAki Hut’s Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder⠀
- Lemon slices for garnish (and added flavor)
How to Make:⠀
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan⠀
- Let it cool⠀
- Boil lemon verbena leaves in a separate pan for a minute⠀
- Drain and transfer into ice water⠀
- Process verbena leaves and sugar syrup in a blender until smooth⠀
- Let it chill overnight⠀
- Pour mixture into your prepared TEAki Hut instant green tea!⠀
- Add some lemon slices for garnish.
Makes 6 glasses.