Healthy Tea Recipes for Mother's Day
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. This year’s celebration will be a little bit different but the current situation should not stop you from making it super special. We’ve compiled Mother’s Day tea recipes that you can prepare for the entire family. These recipes will definitely wow your loved ones and renew your appreciation for this healthy food.
Add tea to flavor your dishes and achieve that aromatic oomph. Using tea is undoubtedly awesome for your health. The presence of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and amino acids in teas help boost your immune system, enhance brain function, and promote healthy skin.
Healthy Tea Recipes
Can’t get enough of black, Pu-erh, and green tea? Try our unique and healthy Mother’s Day tea-infused recipes that are easy to make and that the whole family will love.
Matcha Green Tea-Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 cup homemade almond butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw coconut crystals
- 1 tablespoon TEAki Hut Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 - 12 minutes and let them cool completely before cutting and serving.
Serves: 16 brownies
Asian Roasted Beets and Tea-Infused Noodles
For the Beets and Noodles:
- 4 medium-sized beets, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ - 3 tsp TEAki Hut Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder⠀
- 4 cups noodles
- Cacao nibs, for topping
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Sesame seeds, for topping
For the Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons gochujang paste
- 2 teaspoons doenjang paste
- 1 teaspoon cooking liquid from noodles
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Roast the beets
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Toss beets with olive oil and place on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Roast beets for 25 to 35 minutes until tender.
Prepare the noodles
- While beets are roasting, add Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder to boiling water in a small saucepan. Bring the tea to a boil.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
Make the dressing
- Pour Instant Pu-erh Tea Powder into a spice grinder. Add 1 teaspoon cacao nibs.
- Cover and grind until you have a fine powder.
- In a small jar or bowl, combine ground tea powder and cacao nibs with gochujang and doenjang.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon of cooking liquid from the noodles with 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
Assemble the Asian Roasted Beets with Noodles
- Divide cooked noodles among 4 bowls.
- Toss roasted beets with the dressing and spoon over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs, green onions, and sesame seeds before serving.
Tip: You can substitute gochujang paste with store-bought sriracha chili sauce. You can also use miso paste or soy sauce as an alternative to doenjang paste.
Black Tea Fruit Smoothie
- 2 teaspoons TEAki Hut Instant Black Tea Powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 cup frozen fruit or berries of your choice
- 1 banana, chopped
- Sweetener, to taste
- Add 2 teaspoons of Instant Black Tea Powder in 1 cup of boiling water. Chill tea in the fridge.
- Once chilled, combine tea with milk, frozen fruit, banana, and sweetener, and blend until smooth.
Tea is not just a healthy tea drink but is also a great cooking and baking ingredient that brings a whole new level of flavor to sweet and savory dishes. Enjoy a hearty Mother’s Day meal with people who matter to you.